Thursday, January 4, 2007

Lunchtime in Oxford 1/3/07

Once again I went out at lunchtime to try to get a few more photos. Along Bachelor Point Harbor Road there is a long hedge row that separates houses from the road. There is a large flock of House finches that congregate in the hedge and I was able to get a decent shot of a female. The males were not as cooporative. A male Cardinal, a species that I have always had a hard time photographing, gave me a couple seconds on a bare limb and I was able to get of a couple shots. Yellow-rumped Warblers are usually very common around Oxford but this winter there just does not seem to be the large numbers hanging around. After looking for a few days I finally ran into a flock of Yellow-rumpeds along the road into the Oxford Cemetary and I really like the shot of the lone male looking down at me.

No comments: